Trekking Mount Merbabu From Yogyakarta All Include Package
Mount Merbabu is a dormant stratovolcano in Central Java province on the Indonesian island of Java. The name Merbabu could be loosely translated as ‘Mountain of Ash’ from the Javanese combined words; Meru means “mountain” and awu or abu means “ash”.
The active volcano Mount Merapi is directly adjacent on its south-east side, while the city of Salatiga is located on its northern foothills. A 1,500m high broad saddle lies between Merbabu and Merapi, the site of the village of Selo, Java and highly fertile farming land.
Price: Start From IDR 850.000 / Person
There are two peaks; Syarif (3,119 m) and Kenteng Songo (3,145 m). Three U-shaped radial valleys extend from the Kenteng Songo summit in northwesterly, northeastly and southeastly directions. View of Mount Merbabu from Salatiga Two known moderate eruptions occurred in 1560 and 1797. The 1797 event was rated 2: Explosive, on the Volcanic Explosivity Index. An unconfirmed eruption may have occurred in 1570.
Geologically recent eruptions originated from a North Northwest-South Southeast fissure system that cut across the summit and fed the large-volume lava flows from Kopeng and Kajor craters on the northern and southern flanks, respectively.
Merbabu can be climbed from several routes originating from the town of Kopeng on the north east sideside, and also from Selo on the southern side.
A climb from Kopeng to Kenteng Songo takes between 8 and 10 hours. An area of 57 km² at the mountain has been declared a national park in 2004.
Trekking Mount Merbabu From Yogyakarta
- 8.00 p.m = Pick up at your hotel then drive to Selo village
- 10.00 p.m = Arrive at Selo Village
- 10.30 p.m = Coffee or tea break, simple briefing, meet up with the guide
- 11.00 p.m = Start trekking
- 0.30 a.m = 1st Dok Malang Post 2.189sml ( 1,5 hours)
- 01.15 a.m = 2nd Pandean Post 2.412sml ( 45 mins)
- 02.45 a.m = 3rd Watu Tulis Post 2.593sml (1,5 hours)
- 03.45 a.m = 4th Sabana 1 (Jemblongan) Post 2.770 (1 hours )
- 04.30 a.m = 5th Sabana 2 ( Gunung Kenong ) Post 2.858 ( 45mins)
- 06.00 a.m = Puncak Triangulasi 3.139sml or Puncak Kenteng Songo 3.142sml , Mt. Merbabu summit 3.143sml (1,5hours )
- 07.00 a.m = Go back to starting point
- 11.00 a.m = Simple breakfast
- 0.30 p.m = Back to Yogyakarta or next destination
- 1 Person = IDR 1.600.000 / Person
- 2 Person = IDR 1.000.000 / Person
- 3 Person and Up = IDR 850.000 / Person
- 1X Coffee or tea break
- 1X Simple breakfast
- 2 bottle mineral water @1.500ml
- 1X Snack Box
- Local guide for Trekking
- Transport by Private Car (Jogja-Selo & Selo-Jogja)
Local Guide Range
- 1-3 participants 1 local Guide
- 4-6 participants 2 local Guide
- Good Jacket
- Long sleeved T- shirt or polo shirt
- Good shoes
- Some bread
- Flash light